on Tuesday, 08 March 2016. Posted in Trail Running
TRAIL RUNNING NEWS - MARCH 2016
Trail Lovers! Thank you for all your patience while I get into the groove of things as CMC trail captain! With the trail season fast approaching, I am excited about all the adventures that lie ahead!
As some of you might have noticed we are combining our trail run calender with Durbac to be able to host more runs during the week and on weekends! Our Wednesday CMC trail runs will continue at Meerendal, Altydgedacht, Bellville Golf Course and Bloemendal and an extra weekly run has been added to the mix - Majik Forest trail run hosted by Durbac on Thursdays. We hope that this will lead to more people joining and bigger groups on the trails. Which will provide the opportunity for runners of all fitness levels to join and be safe.
I would like to take the opportunity to introduce and thank my wonderful team who is assisting in keeping all the runners safely on the right track during Wednesday runs:
* Bellville Golf Course - Mark Stokell
* Meerendal Wine Estate - Marilette Brown & Anton Franchi
* Altydgedacht Wine Estate - Karin Gerber & Neil Broers
* Bloemendal Wine Estate - Pauline Wilkinson & Anton Franchi
Please refer to the CMC running FB group to download the Jan to June 2016 trail run schedule as well as keeping an eye on the events posted. A BIG thank you to Conrad Meier for working out the calender - you have been a great help!
Weekly trail runs:
Wednesday at 18h00 - 7.5 & 10 km options
* Wed 02 March - Bloemendal Wine Estate
* Wed 09 March - Meerendal Wine Estate
* Wed 16 March - Bellville Golf Club
* Wed 23 March - Altydgedacht Wine Estate
* Wed 30 March - Meerendal Wine Estate
Thursday at 17h30 - 5 & 9km options
* 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31 March - Majik Forest Trail Run
* Fri 25 March, OMTOM trail run
* Sun 6 March - Tygerberg Natures Reserve
* Sun 13 March - Paarl Rock Breakfast Run
As is tradition we are also in the process of planning our very special yearly Dudley Trail Run, as well as the getting everything ready to announce which trail race we picked to support during 2016 and hope to get as many CMC runners there as possible. Both event dates soon to be announced!
Remember to have fun on the trail, doesn't matter if you are a hare or a snail!! 🙂