Yippee! We can almost count the sleeps until the Tri Season is here!
Registration for the new season, September 2019-August 2020, is open. You can register online on the TSA website for a recreational or full license.
BUT, you don’t have to wait until September before you start looking for your goggles, helmet and running shoes!
We are launching our very own CMC Indoor Triathlon on Saturday 31 August, so dust off those cycling shoes and start training!
This is what we are planning:
Cape Multisport Club Indoor Triathlon
Date: Saturday 31 August 2019 15:00-19:00
Venue: Cape Gate Virgin Active
- 60 slots available
- R200 per entry (solo or team)
- Entry fee payable to CMC (reference: Indoor Tri + name) to secure entry
- Entries are open from 1 August
- Late entries on the day if slots are available
- registration ( 1 person))
- time keepers (3 people))
- T1 and T 2 helpers (2 people)
- announcer (1 person))
- cash prizes for first male and first female
- lucky draw prizes
Logistics of event:
- Athletes will be allocated a specific start time
- 3 swim lanes, 6 wattbikes and 6 treadmills will be reserved for the event
- The event will be done in 20 minute timeslots with 5 minute transition time between disciplines
- Athletes record their own activities
- After the 20min, the data is handed in with the timekeepers
- The 5 minute transition time is compulsory and is not counted as part of the event time
- Distances for each of the 3 disciplines will be added to calculated the final DISTANCE completed during the event
- 1 male and 1 female winner will be announced after all athletes completed their event
- Athletes are responsible for their own nutrition, hydration, etc.
This event is a fundraiser for our club. Members are encouraged to take part in this fun and social new event on our calendar. If you don’t feel comfortable doing all 3 disciplines, enter as a team – athletes may take part more than once on the day.
If you would like to sponsor prizes for the Lucky Draw or have any questions, please let me know.
The rest of the season looks like this:
- 13-14 September: Torpedo SwimRun Wild
- 21-22 September: West Coast Warm Water Weekend
- 6 October: Cape Ultra Triathlon
- 11-13 October: Cape Cross Tri
- 26-27 October: Slanghoek Triathlon
- 2 November: Ocean Lava Triathlon (TBC)
- 10 November: Challenge Cape Town
- 1 December: Woolworths Triathlon
- 7 December: Race2Stanford
- 14-16 December: Lomond Off-road Triathlon
- 26 January: IM70.3 East London
- 8-9 February: Blue Lagoon Triathlon
- 16 February: Discovery ITU
- 29 March: Ironman PE
A jam-packed season!!!
Don’t panic – on Thursday 5 September we have a Tri Season Opening Evening in the form of a wine tasting – yes, because I know Tripeeps fuel on wine!
Each triathlon on the calendar up until end of December will be paired with a wine to taste. Each triathlon will have an ambassador to give more info about the triathlon…and to pour the paired wine 🙂 Keep an eye on Events on Facebook.
Our Crossfit Social was on 17 July. On 18 July most of us couldn’t move a muscle!!! Thank you to Jaco and Margit Brits from CrossfitCommit for almost killing us! Have a look…
Thank you and well done to our 2 tri teams who took part in the Cape Town Festival of Running – some were more competitive than others… but it was fun all the way!
We are also very excited about our Swim Camp in January. Please let me know if you are interested. We will be on a houseboat in Kraalbaai for two nights. We still have 4 spaces available. The swim camp is in preparation of a Robben Island Crossing later in the season.
That is all for now… Happy Training!