It is the start of Triathlon season once again and we are looking forward to another jam-packed schedule of great local events.
Cape Ultra Tri
New Northern Suburbs Embark coach, Camm van Rensburg, and a group of club and Embark athletes did a recce route of the Cape Ultra Tri course.
Most Popular Comments:
“Spectacular surroundings”, “Its going to be awesome”
“Its going to be tough… thankfully we have extra time”
“Dam is unbelievably breathtaking – like swimming in a large lake”
“The hilly bike route is tough. Do I take my TT? Do I put my bars on…#PanicMode”
“Run route – off road along single track”
“Wear comfortable trail shoes”
“Don't overcook the run in the first 5 kms … tackle it with a slow stead pace.”
- All Triclubs in the Western Cape are supporting this triathlon. If you haven’t entered, but manage to get a sub (entries unfortunately closed on 30 Aug), grab the opportunity to spend a day with your TriFriends!
- Our club gazebo will be there for the duration of the event and prize giving.
- Water & Sterri’s to all club members
New Northern Suburbs Embark Coach
A huge congratulations to Camm van Rensburg who has been appointed as the new Northern Suburbs Embark Coach. Camm was once himself a proud Embarker. He suffered the onslaught of a coach expecting a little bit more at every killer track session, hill repeats, plyometric suffer fests, brick sessions…a coach who then became a friendly supporting sweet fan wishing all his athletes well at their first triathlon…giving deserving hugs for those who had a bad day, and a high 5 for the finishers at the finish line… just for the suffer fest to be repeated until the next scheduled triathlon. The Embark programme, the support of a committed and passionate coach and the comradery of training buddies helped Camm to successfully complete his first 70.3. Camm has moved on to complete multiple 70.3’s and absolutely smashed Full Iron Man. Welcome Camm!
With the Congratulations and well wishes for Camm, we would also like to thank coach Jono Rumbelow for his contribution to the Club’s Embarkers. Jono is a certified IM coach, technical expert and has a wealth of knowledge. Coach Jono, we will miss you know that you will always feature on the triathlon scene. Thank you for all that you have contributed.
Club Sessions for Triathletes:
We will be swimming in the dam each Saturday leading up to Cape Ultra Tri:
3 Sep 2016 – at 14:20 Phisantekraal dam
10 Sep 2016 - at 14:20 Phisantekraal dam
17 Sep 2016 - at 06:30am at Phisantekraal dam
Note: 25 Sep 2016 = Cape Ultra RACE DAY and therefore NO DAM SWIM
Cape Ultra Tri Club Brick Session
17 Sep 2016
Swim Start at 06:30 at Phisantekraal dam
Followed by 30km bike
Followed by 7 km run
Lucky Draw Hampers and Applause Awards
USN: We will aim to run a lucky draw each month for the duration of the Triathlon season during which you can win a USN hamper. The hamper consists of electrolytes, race fuels etc. USN has made a product available called ENRGY Bomb – it is an incredible product if you need extra vooma during a race! Give it a try at your next tri! Thank you USN for looking after our athletes!
RaceFood: For the love of Nougat we will be handing out RaceFood bars at our brick sessions.
Applause Awards: Each of our gazebo hosts will be rewarded with a hamper that consists of a set of CMSC race magnets (retail R50), a CMSC key ring (this item cannot be purchased … can only be awarded), CMSC buff (Retail R60), a Falke Socks (in support of Stella’s initiative) and Cape Epic Pressed by bikes bottle of wine!
Best 4 Sports #CrampNOT have confirmed that they will making samples of their product available for our Member of the Month to test. It's a new product that has been produced following recent research on the treatment of cramps.
If you are in the market for triathlon gear, here are some contacts you may want to consider:
- BluSmooth Westuits: Our club gets discount through BluSmooth. Triathlon Wetsuits for R2000
- Contact Dieter Oosthuizen at 0829238863 for more detail
- Zoggs: Popular amongst club members.
- Contact Jenny Close for anything Zogg (wetsuits, goggles, swimsuits etc). Tel no. 0712820834
- Race Number Magnets: Save your expensive Cape Multi Tri Top when you wear it at ASA races. Purchase our club branded race number magnets for R50 a set.
- Contact Estelle Kock (secretary) for more detail. EFT directly into club bank account.
- Cape Multi Tri Tops: R650 per Top. EFT directly into club bank account.
- Orca Tri Pants: 226 Orca Tri Pants can be purchased at a discounted price through Carol at Fluidlines.
- Contact Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orca Wetsuit, Orca Race Belt, Orca Transition bag and Orca Lock laces.
- Contact Carol at email@example.com
- Stella is selling Falke Socks at R25 a pair (for a very good and heartwarming cause).
- Contact Stella at 0836503574
Did you know:
These are some items that will make your triathlon experience somewhat simpler
- A racebelt (bike leg, race number displayed at the back; run leg, race number displayed at the front)
- Lock Laces
- Brightly coloured Towel – used at transition area to spot your zone easier
New Partners – CMSC members with membership cards:
- Vida E cafe in Durbanville another new club partner and when we host pack runs / cycles, will give our athletes a Meia de Leite coffee & bacon & egg frittata (valued at R50) for only R35.00
- Goji Spa Willowbridge: offering all sportsmen and ladies from CMSC R100 off their next treatment at GojiSpa (excluding waxes and MediSpa).
- Le Cut Hair boutique at Aurora: Le Cut Hair boutique is offering all CMSC members 10% on all hair styles, cuts etc. Really worth supporting them! (Tel: 071 1136011)
- Flandria Cycles: Contact Cobus Fourie for special CMSC member discount on your cycling purchases at Flandria Cycles in Stellenbosch. Cobus: 021 8871533
- Durbanville Wellness: Physiotherapist and biokinetics offer discounted prices for CMSC members
- 10 Oudewerf Close, Durbanville; tel: 0861266563
- Physio: Faan Fourie, Karen, Sharene, Esmarie
- Bio: Adrie Jacobs
- R350 for 45 min physio; R450 for 60min physio; R100 additional for shockwave; R300 for shockwave only (without physio)
If you have not yet receive your membership card, please contact Estelle Kock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday Night Rides and Trail running at Meerendal
After the Tuesday night track session, make your way down to Meerendal!
- Tuesday Night ride / run special: Pizza & Signal Gun Draft for only R50.00
Saturday at Meerendal:
- Park running on Saturday? Remember every Saturday is Cronut Day!
Weekdays at Meerendal:
- Bike wash and Breakfast Special for only R50
- R50 gets you a bike wash, lube and 10 point bike check and Carlucci’s breakfast served with a cappuccino
- Valid from Tuesday – Friday 9am - close
Triathlon Events and popular training events:
17 Sep - Lakeside triathlon https://www.facebook.com/events/650608628424178/?ti=icl
- 15-17 Sep Dr Evil MTB challenge
- 18 Sep Karoo 2 Coast MTB challenge
- 18 Sep Sunday – Cape Town Marathon
- 25 Sep - Sunday - Race Day - Cape Ultra Tri = Race of the Month
- 25 Sep - spur MTB challenge https://www.facebook.com/events/1545814239052343/?ti=icl
- 1 Oct 2016 Saturday - Race Day - Clanwilliam Fitness Fest = Race of the Month
- 16 Oct (Sunday) Gun Run http://thegunrun.co.za/
- 22 Oct - Saturday - Jeep Warrior Obstacle course at Meerendal
- 22 Oct Slanghoek MTB triathlon Iqela = Race of the Month
- 23 Oct Slanghoek Road triathlon Iqela = Race of the Monthhttp://www.iqela-events.co.za/slanghoek/slanghoek_info.html
- 23 October: PPA One Tonner
- 29 October: CWC Durbie Dash Bike Race and Trail Run
- 30 Oct Landarks Half marathon
- 5 Nov West coast Half & full marathon
- 12 Nov Winelands half & full marathon
- 23 Nov Neil Joubert winefarm trail run (between Paarl & Stellenbosch)
- 2 & 3 Dec - Origin of trails MTB stage race in Stellenbosch
- 6 Nov - Sunday - 1SOMS (first Sunday of the month swim @ Clifton 4th beach – at Life Saving Club)
- 3 Dec Woolies Triathlon @ Paul Cluver (Grabouw)https://www.facebook.com/triathlon.woolworths.co.za/posts/511216162400477:0
- 04 December: Stellenbosch Cycle Tour
- 10 Dec Jail break Iqela Doran vineyard = Race of the Month http://www.jailbreak.co.za/
- 17 Dec Cape Alghalas MTB classic https://www.facebook.com/events/964415107010901/?ti=icl
- 29 Jan 2017: 70.3 East London
- 19 Feb Cape Mile Swim Grabouw http://www.stillwatersports.com/
- 19 - 21 Feb 2017 Trans Outeniqua MTB stage race http://trisport.co.za/event/trans-outeniqua-mtb
- 25-26 Feb 2017 Xterra Triathlon StilwaterSport= Race of the Month
Registering for a WPTA License:
Information about the registration for a WPTA license is pending and will be shared as soon as it is released.
If you require information, rather contact the WPTA office
Office: 021/7127417 or 0836587803 or email email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you all in the water, on the bike and in the run.
It’s Tri-season 2016!!
CMSC Triathlon Captain