May brought amazing trail run weather with almost no rain and beautiful scenery in crisp autumn air!! Could this be the silence before the storm? We will have to wait and see whether June weather is going to be somewhat more adventurous!! Keep your winter gear ready!!
CMSC trail runs will continue at Meerendal, Altydgedacht, Bellville Golf Course and Bloemendal, with Thursday Durbac trail runs happening at Durbanville Golf Club. Please make sure that you do not cause damage to vineyards when parking!! Very important – always bring your headlights and make sure that the battery is charged!! It is dark on the trails – keep yourself safe out there and don’t get hurt!
Please refer to the Cape Multi Trail FB group to download the January to December 2017 trail run schedule as well as keeping an eye on the events posted.
For those members who have recently joined – welcome!! Hope to see you on the trails soon! See below the vice captains responsible for the various routes we run. On weekends any of these runners might be leading the shorter and/or the longer pack routes. Conrad Meier, is another valuable part of our team and representing Durbac’s trail runners. For any questions, feel free to ask them during pack runs or to contact me directly.
* Bellville Golf Course - Mark Stokell
* Meerendal Wine Estate – Magda Marshall & Anton Franchi
* Altydgedacht Wine Estate - Karin Gerber & Neil Broers
* Bloemendal Wine Estate - Pauline Wilkinson & Anton Franchi
Weekly trail runs:
Wednesday at 17h45 – 5, 7.5 & 10 km options
* Wed 07 June - Meerendal Wine Estate – (‘Run for a Cause’ – see info below)
* Wed 14 June - Altydgedacht Wine Estate
* Wed 21 June - Bloemendal Wine Estate – Trail Social
* Wed 28 June – Bellville Golf Course
Thursday at 17h15
* Thurs 29 June – Durbanville Golf Course Trail Run
* 03 June – Old Fisherman’s Challange
* 11 June – The Beast Trail Run
* 24 June – Theuniskraal Trail Run
Weekend Trail Run
* 04 June, Heidelberg Trail Run
* 25 June, Paarl Rock Trail Run
Other Exciting News and Events
21 June 2017 - Winter Trail Social:
The winter trail social promises to be a great evening to remember and just what is needed to warm a cold winter evening!! Arrangements:
- Ke-Monté Restaurant, Signal Gun - 19:00 for 19:30
- R120 per person - paid into CMSC bank account, books your place (please send proof of payment to Magda Marshall)
- Pizza to be served throughout the evening
- Cash bar available
There will be a trail run first at Bloemendal, whereafter we will be at Ke-Monté at Signal Gun for the social. Please keep an eye on the Multi Trail FB group for exciting clues as to what you can expect on the evening’s agenda!
7 June 2017 - Monthly ‘Run for a Cause’ Wednesday Trail Run:
4 June is the International Cancer Survivor Day and to support this very worthy cause, we will be running in PINK to create awareness of the devastating effects cancer has on individuals and families’ lives. Come join the trail run on Wednesday 7 June, at Meerendal Wine Estate!
What happened in May:
On the 10th of May, we had our Run For A Cause - ADHD. Goldilocks and the Bear came to say a few words and everyone was dressed up in YELLOW. Thank you to everyone who came and donated to this very worthy cause.
20th of May it was the Jonkershoek Mountain Challenge! A few brave trail junkies went and painted the trails RED! We are very proud of you guys!
Now go there out, have adventures, make special memories and have a wonderful June!
Trail Running Captain